The Carlton Academy is a 'good school', OFSTED November 2022, and is sponsored by the Redhill Academy Trust. This partnership gives us the opportunity to continue our improvements and for the academy to become recognised both locally and nationally as a truly outstanding school. This is important to us as it means that all of our students will do even better than they do already. We believe that our Academy offers something very special for both staff and students. Our core principles are based on five key pillars common to all Trust schools:
- High expectations of all students - celebrated as part of our rewards system
- Valuing and celebrating academic achievement - celebrated through 'Club Class'
- Outstanding teaching for all students - developed through our extensive CPD offer and partnership with the RTSA
- Widening students’ experiences through a range of extra-curricular activities including sports and the performing arts - as part of our wider curriculum and Curriculum + Programme which are recorded and celebrated through our Pledges
- Equality of opportunity for all our students and staff
We have an outstanding curriculum offer, across Years 7 to 13 and offer as much breadth and opportunity as any large secondary school. Our curriculum extends to far more than the high quality taught curriculum, and we encourage you to read about our Opportunities, D of E, DRIVE, Pledges and ECO days to find out more about these areas.
We encourage you to come and see us in action. We offer many formal opportunities for you to visit during the year, however, you are welcome to contact us at any time and arrange a visit.