Applying for Free School Meals
If you are eligible for Free School Meals, we encourage you to make the claim for the following reasons:
- It provides your child with a meal of their choice each day in school at no cost to yourself – this can save you on the cost of a meal or packed lunches.
- It enables us to support your child further with achievement and wider opportunities due to the extra funding which becomes available.
How do I know if I can claim?
All children who are at school and aged under 19 at the start of the academic year and are claiming or have parents who are claiming one of the following benefits:
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC)) that does not exceed £16,190
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- income-based and Contributions-based JSA and ESA on an equal basis
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after the person stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earning from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
How do I claim?
Please call Free School Meals office at Nottinghamshire County Council on 0115 8041237 – or complete the online form by following this link Nottinghamshire County Council free school meals. Please have your National Insurance number ready if calling. If you need help at all, please contact the school and we will assist you in making your claim.