Safeguarding Information 

What is Safeguarding? 

The phrases ‘child protection’ and ‘safeguarding’ are often used interchangeably,?but?the word?have distinct meanings. The key statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ explains what safeguarding is: 

Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as: 

  • protecting children from maltreatment; 
  • preventing impairment of children’s health or development; 
  • ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; 
  • taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes. 

  Put simply safeguarding is:  

  • Child protection 
  • Supporting vulnerable children 
  • Safe care, at home, in school and in the community 
  • Taking Action. 

Please use the links below to view safeguarding helplines when outside of school;  


At TCA we understand there will be parents and students who may need some additional      support or advice at this time and would usually have contacted school for guidance. Therefore,  please find below a  list of support services available to you if you have any concerns.
Your first option during school hours should be to call school and ask to speak to a safeguarding officer.
If this is not possible or the school is closed, then please email the most appropriate member of staff listed below.
This is likely to be your child’s HOH or a safeguarding officer. Please note, these members of staff will be
able to respond to emails during normal school hours. 
If you do email please copy at least two people into the email to ensure that this is picked up. 




Carnarvon:  Mrs Chambers:? ?  

Cavendish:  Mr Bali:  

Grove:  Miss R Caines:  

Hollingsclough: Mr Hodgkinson:  

Hutchinson:  Mr Sharpe:  

Post 16: Ms K Armitage:



Nottinghamshire?Multi? agency?Safeguarding?Hub?(MASH) 

If?you?have?urgent?concerns?for?a?child,?or?suspect?that?a?child?has?been?abused?in?anywayyou?can also report a?safeguarding?concern?to?Nottinghamshire?Multiagency Safeguarding?Hub?by?calling?0300?500?80? 80?(if?you?are?a?member?of?the?public). 

If?you?require?an?urgent?response?outside?of?working?hours?(08:30?17:00),?contact?the?Emergency?Duty Team 





  • Substance?misuse?  
  • Defiant?behaviour?issues?at?home?or?school?  
  • Emotional?health?difficulties?that?do?not?meet?CAMHS?criteria?  
  • Support?with?finding?work,?training?or?re?entering?education?  
  • Young?Carers 

 Telephone:?0115?804?12?48    Email:     Opening?Hours:?Monday?to?Friday?09.00am?to?4.30pm